Reporting to the Director of Product Development, The Sr. CAD Engineer will be responsible in the development, design and file maintenance of new products, components, and assemblies using CAD with accepted CAD engineering/drafting practices and standards.
Working in conjunction with Project/Product Engineer(s) and partners in China, the Senior CAD Designer will use Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and additive engineering to optimize part design. They will also be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the 3-D printer and printer lab.
- Develop/define/document product designs that satisfy customer needs and represent the best balance of cost, produce-ability, form, fit, function, appearance and quality.
- Construct ProE CAD files/documents of systems, sub-systems and components
- Establish dimensional tolerance analysis to ensure database/document accuracy and manufacturability of components/assemblies
- Check/revise engineering files/drawings using accepted engineering/drafting practices and standards.
- Generate & organize technical data packages that includes drawings, CAD models, Engineering Bill of Materials (BOM), Production SOP’s, and external / internal specifications using standardized document control systems.
- Mentor and provide on the job training to ME interns. Hands-on participation required.
- Manage and maintain CAD/CAE software updates and global licensing.
- Create simple product fixtures & jigs as needed for production support.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects/tasks.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering/Technology or equivalent experience required.
- BSME Degree a plus.
- 10 to 15 years CAD experience, emphasizing 3D solid/parametric modeling.
- Must be proficient in plastic, sheet metal part and assembly modeling with ProE (Creo)
- Knowledge of SolidWorks would be helpful.
- Working knowledge of functional prototyping and FDM.
- Knowledge of CAD FEA analytical tools for motion, vibration, thermal and stress.
- Working knowledge of Product Data Management (PDM) systems.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel (MS Suite).
- Extensive knowledge of medical device development, principles, systems, and application thereof.
- Knowledge of manufacturing/production processes, disciplines, tolerances and application thereof.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment. (Medical Device preferred; i.e. FDA)
Work with Project/Product Engineer(s), Marketing, Manufacturing, and/or Quality Departments to:
Sun Tech Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.