Headquartered in the United States, in North Carolina’s Research Triangle, Suntech Medical is globally focused on the continual advancement of blood pressure monitoring products and technologies for the benefit of our customers, patients, employees and shareholders. We are seeking a positive problem solver with operations and leadership experience to join our team. This role will coordinate the procurement of goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies (qualified and non-qualified) a low volume – high mix manufacturing environment. Responsible for development, implementation, and compliance to 820.50 Purchasing Controls and other related regulatory requirements
- Work with departmental customers (e.g. manufacturing, R&D) to optimize spend
- Reviews requisitions for all appropriate information prior to placing orders.
- Obtain quotations for products and services.
- Prepare and place purchase orders as well as maintain purchasing files.
- Negotiate cost effective solutions with current and potential suppliers within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Periodic reporting material variances / trending
- Contract management including NDA, Supply Continuity, Bailment Agreements and Quality / Regulatory related items.
- Initiate and maintain a commodity strategy
- Manage a risk management based strategy
Inventory Control and Planning
- Analyze and adjust inventory levels
- Release of work orders and parts
- Perform cycle counts
- Oversight of product movement and planning (internal and external)
- Ensure all customer orders are appropriately packaged and shipped promptly, accurately, and with all necessary documentation
- Warehouse management
Supervisory Responsibilities (as required)
- Conducting department training to ensure proper staffing levels
- Setting department goals/ expectations and providing performance feedback to employees
- Providing a safe work area including participation on an ergonomic team
- Ensuring compliance to regulations (FDA, OSHA, etc.)
- Experience working in a low volume – high mix manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated versatility in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed orientated
- Good reasoning ability to resolve issues with minimal supervisor assistance.
- High level of self-motivation, organization, self-discipline and autonomy
- Technical ability to work in a medical device production & manufacturing environment.
- Excellent negotiation and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience in a low volume – high mix environment
- Medical Device or highly regulated industry background.
- APIC Certification
- MRP / ERP experience
- High School or GED Equivalent
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
For consideration please apply on-line by clicking here.